Triple M corner no.132

By March 11, 2019 Triple M corner

The Triple M series of MG’s all belong to a family of models that commenced with the 1929 MG Midget and continued through to the mid-thirties via a long string of four and six cylinder OHC engined cars that forged the marques identity.

This MG K3 Magnette (K3004) is photographed outside of the Squire Motors works in Henley-upon-Thames, Berks. Those standing behind are Jock Manby-Colegrave (left) and Adrian Squire, the owner of the business. The car was to be used in competition driven by Manby-Colegrave. Squire manufactured expensive sportscars for a short period in the mid-thirties, just seven being produced, before going to the wall in 1936. (Main image, LAT collection Motor Sport magazine. Squire photo, scanned from re-touched Autocar print dated May 1936 Both photos courtesy of Motorsport Images)