OU 6930 1930 Minor Coachbuilt Saloon
This was the editorial Minor from 2002 until 2014. The car was sold in November 1930 by Wadham Bros. in Southampton to a serving RAF officer based at nearby Calshot. His steed during the day was a Supermarine Southampton flying boat whle he drove home in his new Minor. OU 6930’s history is somewhat sketchy from then on but it was laid up during WWII and was subsequently owned by a builder in South London. By 2002 it was located in Bromley, Kent in a part renovated state which is when it came into the author’s hands. The car was returned to a roadworthy condition over that winter and then covered 7500 miles over the next 12 years. During this time it had a brief competition history and took part in a number of VMR rallies and the very first Network rally. It was sold to Simon North in 2014 who in turn sold it on to the Vintage Petrol Pump Co a few months later. Sadly it has now gone to ground.