IOTW no.337

By May 27, 2016IOTW

Click the image to see it full size.

Strowan House – Christchurch, New Zealand

Strowan House in Christchurch was formerly a grand homestead but in 1917 it became home to an educational establishment, St. Andrews College. The college marks its centenary next year but the b&w image seen here was taken in the late thirties or early forties and it’s believed that the 1934 Minor Sliding-head Saloon seen parked outside the main entrance belonged to the Matron at that time, a Mrs Pocock. Once again we have John McDonald to thank for this image who now works part-time as a member of the college’s ground maintenance team.

Sponsored by LAT Photographic Archive www.latphoto.co.uk