IOTW no.405

By October 30, 2017IOTW

Click the image to see it full size.

EX 135

The original incarnation of EX 135 was built for George Eyston who used it for both road and circuit racing as well as a Class G record attempt vehicle. Built in 1934 on a K3 Magnette chassis it was acquired by Goldie Gardner in 1937 where it was fitted with the Railton designed body as seen in this Autocar cutaway drawing by Max Millar. This beautifully streamlined bodyshell enabled the MG to reach a speed of 186 mph over the ‘flying mile’. EX 135 was taken to Dessau in Germany during 1939 where it raised the Class G record to 203.5 mph on a new section of German autobahn. (LAT photoscan)

Sponsored by LAT Photographic Archive www.latphoto.co.uk