The Triple M series of MG’s all belong to a family of models that commenced with the 1929 MG Midget and continued through to the mid-thirties via a long string of four and six cylinder OHC engined cars that forged the marques identity.
The final versions of the pre-war four-cylinder OHC engined MG Midgets were the PA and PB models. The PA model was introduced in late 1933, replacing the J series and now had an improved three bearing crankshaft enabling the safer use of higher engine revolutions, while the PB of 1935 was endowed with a larger capacity 939 cc OHC engine, a further development of the PA’s unit. The car shown here, MG PA – JB 4157, was first registered in Berkshire in 1934. (Both photographs courtesy of Motor Sport Images)