The Triple M series of MG’s all belong to a family of models that commenced with the 1929 MG Midget and continued through to the mid-thirties via a long string of four and six cylinder OHC engined cars that forged the marques identity.
The later MG Magnette models rarely feature here. To partly correct that anomoly, here is a November 1935 London County Council registered Magnette (CGP 878) being driven by D.E. Harris whilst taking part in the 1937 Colmore Trophy Trial. An intrepid marshall with clipboard in hand closely watches the Magnette’s progress up a long green lane incline. Harris collected a second class award for his efforts that day. (Image scanned from an uncatalogued ‘Motor’ 35mm negative courtesy of Motorsport Images)