The Triple M series of MG’s all belong to a family of models that commenced with the 1929 MG Midget and continued through to the mid-thirties via a long string of four and six cylinder OHC engined cars that forged the marques identity.
MG Midget GF 6779 was first registered in London in the early spring of 1930. There is little of note to differentiate this car from the many other M Type Midgets that appeared on the roads that year apart from the electric windscreen wiper and an MG Car Club octagonal badge of a design not seen previously by the writer. (The MG Car Club was founded on 12th October 1930 at The Roebuck Hotel in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.) Was the badge an early club issue, or was it perhaps just the brainchild of GF 6779’s owner?