The Triple M series of MG’s all belong to a family of models that commenced with the 1929 MG Midget and continued through to the mid-thirties via a long string of four and six cylinder OHC engined cars that forged the marque’s identity.
On 6th May 1933 the JCC International Trophy Race took place at the Brooklands circuit in Surrey. The race was held over a distance of 250 miles with 28 cars making it to the starting line. Although the Honourable Brian Lewis won the race in an Alfa Romeo the next three places went to the MG K3 Magnettes of E.R. Hall, Mrs Elsie Wisdom and Earl Howe. Just eight cars finished the race. This photo (LAT Plate C159) shows the MG Car Company chief executive Cecil Kimber standing between the ‘Eddie’ Hall car and that of Mrs ‘Bill’ Wisdom shortly after the end of the three hour race.