The Triple M series of MG’s all belong to a family of models that commenced with the 1929 MG Midget and continued through to the mid-thirties via a long string of four and six cylinder OHC engined cars that forged the marques identity.
GH 1733 was first registered in South West London in July 1930, and was probably supplied by Jarvis of Wimbledon who were the main MG agent in that area. There are only a few personal touches to be seen on this car, the Stadium Autoscope drivers mirror, the front mud flaps and the positioning of the tax-disk holder. Other than that, the car looks absolutely standard with not even a badge adorning the front cross-member. The driver’s flat cap was also de rigueur at that time.